Friday 29 November 2013

A Wicked 21st

This year saw me and one of my closest friends turn 21 in the space of 2 days. In order to celebrate properly, we bought tickets to see Wicked as it was in Manchester at the time. Obviously, I had to make her a Wicked themed card.
I had never seen the musical before or read the book so all I had to go on was the poster and the limited knowledge I had of the story - it is essentially the prequel to the Wizard of Oz. It didn't give me much to go on.

I ended up using the poster for inspiration. I used black card stock to make a stepper blank but used green card to create the background and Elphaba's face. I didn't want to just re create the poster so I added a couple of my own touches such as glittery lips and using foam pads to make her had stand out from the card as well as over the edges.
I still needed to finish it off and my solution to problems like that is now to just add stars and glitter. Works everytime - this time in particular! The 21 was simply cut out from white card and I tried to use the same font that the poster uses. I finished it off with a peel-off sentiment.


She loved the card. And we both absolutely loved Wicked. Cannot wait to see it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)