Saturday 25 May 2013

The Cardmaker's Guide to the Galaxy

Happy Towel Day, you hoopy froods!

To those of you who have been following my happenings on the various forms of social media, you will know that The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy has provided me with much inspiration for my cards.


 My first card was inspired by those big friendly letters inscribed on the back of the guide. I think I got the idea from some original graphics but I could be totally wrong. I simply used paper to create the quote. 

My other cards came from some of the memorial quotes from the book. I created paper pieced images and used word to write the quotes by hand. While the first three follow a similar design and are self explanatory, those who aren't as familiar with the books of the radio series might not recognise the last card. It is taken from the fourth book, So Long and Thanks for all the Fish. One of my favourite scenes from the book is when Arthur and Fenchurch fly above the clouds and into the night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)