Friday 17 August 2012

CAS-ual Fridays



I am slightly amazed that I have managed to find the time to make this card today. In a matter of hours, I am off to the Lake District for a week with my family (Really, really, really hoping the weather turns out nice as we are hiking most of the week). 

So, the theme for this week's challenge is the Sea and things seen in or by it. I have done a few sea-themed cards recently: I entered another challenge a few weeks back and of course, there is the sailing card for the Olympics. 
I made this one a really quick card by using a pre-made embellishment as the central focus of the design. These dolphins were given to me by my German room-mate last year whose family owned a craft shop. I finished the card with some blue fabricy-paper stuff and some paper ribbon. A Happy Birthday tag was added to the bottom and as an after thought, I had an experiment with some glitter glue that my sister found by creating a wave pattern up the length of the ribbon.


3 comments:

  1. Emma, that dolphin is adorable and you did a fabulous job with the glitter glue! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your gorgeous dolphin!! Thank you for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a wonderful week with your family! Such a sweet little dolphin. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)