Saturday 14 July 2012

CAS-ual Fridays

CFC61


Yes, it's that time of the week again. Already. My summer is  flying by far to quickly; the first CAS-ual Fridays challenge I did was the day before I left Manchester for the summer!

Anyway, this week's challenge was to create a card using strips of colour or pattern. 
I took my inspiration from the great British weather we are having at the moment(!) I kid you not, it had been raining constantly today. It's JULY. Probably doesn't help that we are currently watching le Tour and seeing all that sunny sunny weather. Rant over.

I had hoped that it would turn out slightly better than it has, now that it's completely finished it looks alright. I used strips of blue(ish) paper and card to create the rain on a grey card blank (if only the rain over here was that colourful *sigh*). I then wanted a really bold colour for the umbrella and details so I chose to used various shades of pink and red. I finished off with pen detail, a peel-off message, and a strip of ribbon.

The butterfly (probably as confused as the rest of us about the rain) was a bit of an after thought. I had recently gotten my hands on some shrink plastic shapes (thank you Papercraft Inspirations!) and I was giving them a go today. I used ProMarkers to colour in the butterfly and watched fascinated as it shrunk before my eyes in the oven. I may be using more of these in the future, if only to watch them shrink!

It seemed to fit well with the whole British Summer theme anyway. Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. I love the umbrella and your strips suggest rain slanting down. Lovely card. As I look through the thumbnail photos I stop to comment on the ones that catch my eye. Your card is fantastic!
    http://carolescreativecritters.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment. It really means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that you joined my blog. Thank you. I'm the cricket that just joined your blog. If you go back you'll see I posted an umbrella card, after being inspired by yours. Be well Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely card, love the umbrella, thanks for following my blog, am following you too now
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that blue strips. They look like rain. Clever idea! Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab idea and totally cheers up the weather! It just bucketed it down here yesterday!Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Love those diagonal stipes! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)