Tuesday 31 July 2012

Card-lympics Day 5

My apologies for the lateness of today's card. I hadn't forgotten, I was busy with various things which included AutoCAD and, of course, the Olympics. And what a day it has been! My favourite moment, however, had to be when that South African swimmer got the gold. But bring on tomorrow with the two British lads in the final!!


Anyway, got 10 minutes before I reach tomorrow so I had better get on with it! Today's card-lympics event was weightlifting and, like boxing, I know very little about it. I wasn't as happy with this card as I have been with others but now that I have seen the finished thing I am quite please with it, although I could have improved the weights. 
I used grey card on a blue card 'floor', lifting the weights up with foam pads. The sentiment fitted so well with the card and I copied the font from Word (as per usual!) and again finished it all off with a Union Flag. Black pen was used to add shading to the weights.








And before I go, I want to wish Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome a great race tomorrow and bring home the gold and silver!! Also good luck to our judo players!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)