Thursday 3 May 2012

Divorcement

Yesterday afternoon saw me having a slightly odd conversation about divorcement cards. I had just before posted some pictures of new cards on to the Facebook page and it was suggested that the card I had made could also be adapted for a divorcement. The idea was to put a jagged red line between the bride and groom.
I wasn't the design suggestion that was odd, but the type of card. I've got to be honest here but I had never heard of or seen a card with the sentiment 'congratulations on you divorce' or even 'sorry to hear about your divorce'. But I have been told that they do exist. I guess my ignorance may have something to do with not knowing anyone going through a divorce (lucky me).
Having had a quick look on GoogleImages before writing, it seems there are two types of divorcement cards: humorous or sympathetic. 
Maybe it would be worth looking into? Definitely unusual anyway. 
Any thoughts greatly appreciated. Post a comment below or check out the card in question here.
Personally, I'm still not sure what to think of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)